© EunYoung Sebazco
Double Cherry Blossom (Kwanzan Cherry Blossoms), Coarse Salt, and Plum Vinegar
1. Gather cherry blossoms when the flowers are 70-80% open.
2. Rinse blossoms with water very lightly and drain blossoms in a flat basket.
3. Drain the excess water from the blossoms using paper towel. Tap very gently.
4. Transfer the blossoms to a bowl.
5. Sprinkle coarse salt over the blossoms to the container.
6. Take a clean plastic container, line the container with plastic wrap.
7. Transfer the salted blossoms to the container.
8. Seal the container tightly with an air-tight lid.
9. Place a heavy object on the top of the lid. This will help with the fermentation process.
10. Leave the blossoms with weight in the container for 24 hours.
11. The following day, remove the blossoms from the container.
12. Put the blossom on the paper towel and gentle tap the excess water from the blossoms.
13. After removing excess water, place the blossoms back in the same container.
14. Pour white vinegar over the blossoms until completely covered.
15. Seal the container with plastic wrap before you put the lid back on. No weighted object necessary for the lid.
16. After 1 week, remove the blossoms from the container.
17. Line the flat basket with paper towels and place the blossoms in the flat basket.
18. Dry the blossoms in a dark area for 2-3 days.
19. If the paper towel is wet, change the wet towel to a new one and put the blossoms back in dark area.
20.Lightly mix the pickled blossoms in a bowl with coarse salt.
21. Keep in the closed glass jar until you want to use the salt.